– It’s Thursday. I really need a weekend of mental decompression. It’s unlikely it will happen this weekend. It’s strange how if you don’t have a proper weekend, or at the very least a proper Thursday night out, the week feels like it has no real end and no real beginning.
– A friend and colleague is getting married tomorrow, at sunset, by the Dead Sea. So congratulations to Zaina and Saber! I will be bribing the DJ to make this a memorable event. Seriously, how can anyone have a wedding without hearing Vanilla Ice’s “Ice, Ice Baby”? How? It’s just not done.
– I have been listening non-stop to Ingrid Michealson’s album “Boys & Girls” this week, which I think is a fascinating bowl of awesomeness. Do check it out.
– If anyone has a tip on an affordable electric guitar in Amman, feel free to share it with me.
– Fact: there are 18 unread, unanswered emails in my inbox right now.
– I’m sad to hear about the death of Sydny Pollack this past week.
– Fact: if you don’t want your co-workers to know it’s your birthday, close down your blog and delete your Facebook profile.
– A good description of the status quo.
– Thanks to a tip from Moey, I bought original boxset seasons 1 through 4 of Curb Your Enthusiasm from Virgin for 13JDs.