– It’s Thursday. I really need a weekend of mental decompression. It’s unlikely it will happen this weekend. It’s strange how if you don’t have a proper weekend, or at the very least a proper Thursday night out, the week feels like it has no real end and no real beginning.
– A friend and colleague is getting married tomorrow, at sunset, by the Dead Sea. So congratulations to Zaina and Saber! I will be bribing the DJ to make this a memorable event. Seriously, how can anyone have a wedding without hearing Vanilla Ice’s “Ice, Ice Baby”? How? It’s just not done.
– I have been listening non-stop to Ingrid Michealson’s album “Boys & Girls” this week, which I think is a fascinating bowl of awesomeness. Do check it out.
– If anyone has a tip on an affordable electric guitar in Amman, feel free to share it with me.
– Fact: there are 18 unread, unanswered emails in my inbox right now.
– After reading this in today’s paper, I instantly remembered this.
– I’m sad to hear about the death of Sydny Pollack this past week.
– Fact: if you don’t want your co-workers to know it’s your birthday, close down your blog and delete your Facebook profile.
– A good description of the status quo.
– Thanks to a tip from Moey, I bought original boxset seasons 1 through 4 of Curb Your Enthusiasm from Virgin for 13JDs.
For a moment there, I thought you wrote “I need a mental depression”. Scared me quite a bit, lol.
Did you read about Sharon Stone’s comments? LOL.
the bad karma…it was like out of an episode of “my name is earl” ! 😀
And i thought my mind was on pause today! its probably all the cake we ate ya Nas.
Man, you got cheated. You could ahve all three seasons for like half that bil balad, no? Hahaha. And go read your e-mails, man, that’s pitiful. People will think you don’t care :).
OMG that is sooooooooo cheap for the box set. tab hook a sister up 😀 . lol
Well I will tell my sister about it.
I totally agree with your sentiments on Vanilla Ice and “Ice ice baby”.
I’m not sure if anyone else checked out the police training stuff but please do, it’s embarrassingly sad.
Hey Nas, I’ve just begun denting the block. There’s hope yet. Thanks for the linkup.
mommabean: no lol. as a primary buyer of the balad’s goods, this was actually cheaper, especially given that it was original collectable boxset.
saaleha: send me detailed instructions as to how you did it!