To break the political monotony of the last couple of posts here are a few of my delicious pickings for the last couple of days that are more entertaining than serious.
– Recycled Wonderlands: Simply put, some of the craziest architectural creations you’ll ever see.
– Muppet President: You know how they say every president is just a puppet. Well surprisingly, every single presidential candidate this year looks exactly like a muppet.
Star Wars IV – A New Hope: according to a 5 year-old girl. You will cry with laughter…
– Maze Daze: University of Waterloo students create computer-generated mazes with human inputs. If you can finish just one of those things then you’re a better person than I am.
– Primitive Photoshop: It’s everyone’s favorite computer application these days, but what did the Adobe Photoshop icon look like when it first came out?
– Photoshop Accountability: A Chinese blogger reveals how an award-winning picture was faked.
The Bit More Serious Stuff…
– Spin Doctors: A Queen’s University professor uses software to detect which presidential candidate spins the most. Is it McCain, Clinton or Obama?
– Undercover: Israeli secret service start a blog that hosts four of their agents in an attempt to recruit more people.
– Agent Arab Bloggers: Israeli Mossad recruit Arabs online. Don’t know how true this is but it’s worth pondering…
Reports revealed that Israeli intelligence hackers have penetrated well known Arab blogs. Mossad agents, who have trained at the Israeli Security College often sneak into these sites and join in discussions with large numbers of Arab youth with the purpose of coercing them to talk about critical issues to determine their views. Their reactions are later scrutinized by experts who spot points of strength and weakness in the Arab personalities to determine who can best be recruited as agents
– Jordan: Directing Democracy: A great article by Deena Dajani on political development and freedoms in Jordan, or specifically, the lack thereof.