Well, for a brief change of (post) pace this is probably the most materialistic post I’ve ever published on The Black Iris. With some spare time on my hands I decided to set up an Amazon Wish List as many, many people have. It’s filled with items I’d love to own someday. Some far fetched, stretching beyond the elastic limits of my meager $5 made-in-taiwan wallet. Some, a tad more realistic. It’s kind of an entertaining way to kill some time since wishes are still considered free these days.
- Stephan King’s Dark Tower Series: which I stopped reading after the third one. I was actually 12 years old, had just moved to Jordan and of course in those days it was hard to get one’s hands on a specific book. So I waited. Then King decided to finish the series so I decided to wait some more until I could get the whole 7 book collection and read them one after another.
- The Prodigy Electric Drum Set: nostalgia from the days when I was 16 and in a band. My relationship with the drums is a strange one. I can’t wait to wrap my hands around a pair of sticks and experience a rush of adrenaline that no other instrument can give you. But of course being what they are, its hard to get an opportunity to be in the same room as a drum set. Electric drums are of course perfect for a bedroom to avoid noise collusion with the neighbours and their constantly crying 6 year old.
- TAO 1.4 Digital Picture Key chain: ok this is simply cool. And the 56 storage capacity ain’t bad at all. I love gadgets and this one comes with a nice wow-factor; always good for distracting people while you steal their wallets.
- Canon Digital Rebel XTi 10.1MP Digital SLR Camera: simply put, it’s never gonna happen. But who knows. Some wishes do come true.
- Dean EVO Noir Guitar: this one is just barely in the realms of possibility. I’ve never played a Dean but I’ve heard really great reviews from many of its users. Plus Trent Reznor uses it so who am I to complain eh?
- Rant by Chuck Palahnuik: simply cannot wait for this book to come out in a few weeks. Something to definitely look forward to. Also, something I can actually afford.
- Def Poetry Season 5: also another can’t-wait goodie. Slam poetry at it’s best. In the wise words of Mos Def: “Are you ready for some poetry muthaf*****!!!??”
- Heavyweight Classic Canvas: regretting the forgetful abandonment of my precious canvas bag that got me through my undergraduate years, I think this one might be a suitable replacement. Minus the sentimentality obviously.
p.s. my birthday is coming up in May. I’m not saying nutin…just, you know…puttin it out there…