- This Modern Love – Bloc Party | First heard on “How I Met Your Mother”. The episode was terrible but the song was relentlessly addictive. From the album “Silent Alarm”, which was pretty damn good. Including the floating-on-a-cloud track “So Here We Are” and the grungy sounds of “Like Eating Glass”.
- Kruezberg – Bloc Party | Their second studio album, “A Weekend in The City” just came out a few weeks ago and I haven’t given it a full listening to but between “Kruezberg” and “The Prayer”, I like what I hear so far.
- Freak On A Leash – Korn ft. Amy Lee | Korn does MTV Unplugged? Well if Nirvana could turn grunge into an acoustic set, nu-metal shouldn’t be so hard right? This one comes with Amy Lee’s stellar vocals and an Arabian beat/melody stringing the song along. Also listen to “Got the Life”.
- Sleep Don’t Weep – Damien Rice | Compared to a cup of warm milk, this song is a better way to fall asleep. Also check out “Volcano” and “Cold Water”. Try playing the latter song with “Sleep Don’t Weep” and come and tell me what a remix genius I am.
- I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For – Damien Rice | This is a live recorded version of U2’s ballad but the way Rice plays it on the acoustic is simply killer.
- Desire – Ryan Adams | Just a guitar, a harmonica and powerful lyrics. Not a song I can tire of easily. Not at all.
- Orange Sky – Alexi Murdoch | New artists that are either really good or really bad tend to be compared to older artists. Murdoch is Nick Drake reincarnated for generation-x. And that’s a good thing. Also listen to: “All My Days”. (plays better on a rainy day)
Mal6oosh min: Jad Madi