I have been sick for roughly two weeks now and only in the past 48 hours have I managed to reach the recovery stage and jump off the wretched “incapacitated” list. Why have I been sick that long? Because according to many I am stubborn. Why? Because I don’t want to see a doctor and I refuse to take anything in the vicinity of medicine that isn’t cough syrup, cough drops, orange juice and/or asprins (i.e. things that can be found in the kitchen). It’s my way of making a man out of my immune system.
So what have I done with all that time on my hands; locked away in my room, not wanting to be the cause of a local epidemic? Have I done anything constructive or have I squandered these days away?
1) I blogged. Then I blogged again. Then I blogged some more.
2) Finally got around to updating the ol’blogroll to include some of the better blogs that I’ve been reading (under the radar). These include: Issa (Yugi always has something interesting), Dadan (for daily visual stimulation), Omar (for his lists), Kinzi (the blond cheerleader of the Jordanian blogosphere!), Amino (for the literary protein), Ammar (for his confessions)
3) Watched all 7 seasons of The West Wing on DVD. That’s 156 episodes; 109 hours.
4) I read half a shelf of books in my bedroom’s bookcase. Books I had not read since high school or am ashamed to say, never got around to reading before. These include: Homer’s The Illiad, William Carlos Williams Selected Poems, Cervantes’ Don Quixote and currently Anthony Nutting’s Nasser.
5) Argued with people online for my own entertainment.
6) Discovered a typo in the Jordanian constitution.
7) Used up roughly 250 tissue papers. Curled each one into a little ball and shot 3 pointers from my bed.
8) Consumed 1 and a half bottles of the most bitter (and strongest) cough syrup ever invented, as well as 3 packs of Strepsils (72 pieces).
9) Got around to fixing my bottom-block of my blog, which can be viewed by scrolling all the way down.
10) Wrote my own radical 2 page manifesto.
11) Burnt all evidence of any radical 2 page manifesto.
12) Learnt everything there is to know about the Visigoths.
13) Discovered Amerigo Vespucci was actually a famous Italian cartographer which the Americas were named after and NOT the inventor of the pizza as previously believed (by me).
14) Wrote several ranting & raving posts while under a drug induced haze. To be published in the days to come.
15) Attempted to perfect a Christopher Walken impersonation and failed miserably after several days of trying.