“IslamOnline.net suffers hacking attempt early Monday causing minor technical hitches being redeemed”, reads the message on the website early today.
In any event…
Prominent Muslim scholar Sheikh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi denounced on Sunday, February 5, sabotage and violent protests by Muslims over the publication of cartoons mocking Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) by several European newspapers, saying Muslims should vent anger prudently.
“The sabotage done by some Muslims in some [Arab] capitals in response to the offensive cartoons is unacceptable and should be denounced,” Qaradawi, who heads the Dublin-based International Union of Muslim Scholars (IUMS) told Al-JazeeraÃ¢??s Shari`ah and Life program.
“We never call on people to set fire to cars, but to express their anger in a prudent manner to head off serious consequences,” said the prominent scholar.
“True that Islam has been the subject of attacks recently, but Muslims should not reciprocate.”
Qaradawi further strongly condemned the attack on a church in the Lebanese capital Beirut by a Muslim mob.
“It seems as if some opportunists are behind these attacks just to add fuel to the already raging flames,” he said.
The site also put up a few tips Muslims should follow within the borders of their religion, to face these attacks:
Muslims should try their best to Ã¢??
1. Declare before the whole world their complete condemnation of and dissatisfaction with what is happening against the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him)
2. Stage peaceful demonstrations and protests here and there in order to pressurize the public opinion in order for such media campaign to stop what it is doing
3. Make use of such events to present the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) as a role model in the modern world, as there is no doubt that the West and those who are attacking the Prophet know nothing about him.
4. Avoid hurling insults against the people of other religions as a result of publishing those provocative cartoons against the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him). There is a direct prohibition to this retaliatory behavior, as Allah Almighty says: [Revile not those unto whom they pray beside Allah lest they wrongfully revile Allah through ignorance. Thus unto every nation have We made their deed seem fair. Then unto their Lord is their return, and He will tell them what they used to do] (Al-An`am 6:108).
5. Boycott the products of the countries that have published those provocative cartoons or that are still publishing them, as the boycott is a universal weapon that is by Muslims and non-Muslims as well.
In addition to the above, I call upon all mosque imams, especially those living in the West, to start shedding more light on the great aspects of the Prophet’s personality and his rich morals that today’s world is in need of. With this, imams will be educating their respective communities about the great personality of the Prophet Muhammad and they will be forwarding an indirect message to those who are ignorantly attacking him to derive lessons from his life and character.
As for the crazy nut who did this, he should be executed.
And these guys got the address wrong. (even though their directions came from the state)
Also Read: Global Voices Roundup – Arab Bloggers Take on Danish Cartoons